Thursday, February 26, 2009

Refresh your senses with luxurious vegan Deep Steep Grapefruit-Bergamot

One thing that has concerned me for some time are the ingredients in body care products. A few years ago, I learned about the chemicals and toxins found in most cosmetic and personal care items. I had no idea that what I was putting on my body could result in so many side effects- for example, cancer, reproductive problems, skin irritation, hormonal disruption, and the list goes on.

We at Karmavore are very excited to share only the best natural personal care products available. We have searched just about everywhere for safe, high quality vegan products for you to use. We recently came upon the luxurious bath and body care products made by Deep Steep. I was fortunate enough to test out the Grapefruit-Bergamot Shea Butter Body Wash and Rich Body Butter (just one of the perks of the job). The aromatherapy of the citrus scents were so uplifting, packing in that fresh punch that is ideal for an early morning wake up! Just as good as coffee, but without the jitters. The wash lathered up nicely and left my skin feeling soft, without sodium lauryl sulfate that is found in most foaming products, such as body wash, shampoo, and that may alter the immune system and cause damage to the eyes, digestive system, nervous system, lungs, and skin. Yikes, that's pretty scary stuff! I followed my shower with the Grapefruit-Bergamot Rich Body Butter, which was the icing on the cake; a lovely, non-greasy lotion that absorbed quickly and left my skin smooth as a bamboo towel (because 'smooth as silk' wouldn't be vegan, now would it?!).

We can't wait to tell you all about the vegan white chocolate bars and the do-it-yourself vegan marshmallow kits that will be coming in soon. Product testing sure is tough!

Be happy, healthy, and vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment