Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bowling Fundraiser and Silent Auction (Oct. 30, 2009)

Worthwhile fundraiser for two Canadian Animal Sanctuaries!

Quoted email from Susan Manns below:

===================
September 28, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Bowling Fundraiser and Silent Auction (Oct. 30, 2009)

I am excited and honoured to be taking part in the organization of an important fundraising event for the TEJAS ANIMAL REFUGE & REFUGE RR Sanctuaries and hope that you and/or your organization can PLEASE HELP with this important and wonderful cause for these animal rescue shelters.

Your gift today means a lot to me, and more importantly to the owners and volunteers who work tirelessly every day and night in the rescuing and caring for all the animals at their shelters as well as the endless hours investigating cruelty cases.

It is critical at this time that we raise enough funds to build four (4) new shelters to house the many displaced and rescued animals as well as funds to provide feed and care for the animals at both Tejas Animal Refuge and Refuge RR Shelters.

Please visit the attached websites for more information on these organizations. They were both started in 1987 and incorporated and federally registered in 1990 and 2004 and are the largest farm animal Refuges in Canada. These rescue facilities truly need your support to continue this exceptional journey.

Nicole Jonca’s (founder) Refuge:
http://www.tejasanimalrefuge.ca/

Rose Gergely’s Refuge (founder of refuge RR for horses):
http://www.refugerr.org/

My purpose in writing to you today is to ask you to come out and support this cause with an exciting evening of bowling! There will also be a silent auction and 50/50 draw. Snacks and refreshments are also available.

There are several ways YOU CAN HELP with supporting this great cause depending on your personal and/or company budget:

• Buy a ticket for an evening of bowing ($25.00 with proceeds going towards the animal sanctuaries). See details for event below.
  • Sponsor a Lane ($50.00)
  • Sponsor a much needed 24’x12’ shelter for the animals ($1,000.00). Receipts will be provided.
  • Supply merchandise or a service for the Auction

Details for the bowling fundraiser event are as follows:

DATE: Friday, October 30, 2009
TIME:
7:00 – 9:00
PLACE:
Merivale Bowling Centre,
1916 Merivale Road, Ottawa, ON
(4 Blocks South of Hunt Club Rd. next to Argo’s Carpets)

For tickets, merchandise, service certificates and sponsoring please contact Susan below or simply respond to this email:

Susan Manns
613-828-3782
1204-70 McEwen Avenue

Ottawa
, ON K2B 5M3
Email:
mannsdesilucy@gmail.com

Imagine the feeling you’ll get, knowing you have helped support such a wonderful cause. Please join Montreal Canadian hockey player George Laraque in supporting these two wonderful organizations. I thank you so very much in advance for your time and support and hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Susan Manns

p.s. Please take a moment and pass this important message on to any and all who may be interested in helping out.
=============

No comments:

Post a Comment